- 28 Sep 17
- The Fable, London
Did you know that NEW developers in the UK and Ireland have an annual salary of around £23k ($35k)?
In our upcoming breakfast event on September 28th, we'll be looking at the next generation of technical talent and how to engage and then ultimately hire them in a market suffering from a severe skills shortage. Ben Taylor, Strategic Account Manager at StackOverflow will be jumping into the deep end by showcasing numbers and insight from StackOverflow's recent Developer Ecosystem report on the education of emerging tech talent.
This will be followed by Catalina Schveninger, Global Head of Resourcing & Employer Brand at Vodafone as she talks to us about how Vodafone is encouraging more young women to code through their #CodeLikeAGirl program. This recently launched initiative is empowering women and helping young people increase their skill set through technology.
This event will cover
- Tech hubs in the UK and Ireland
- Languages and technologies developers want to work with
- The new ways developers learn
- Salary of new developers
- Influence of formal education on the salary of developers
- Developers thoughts on education
- What can employers do to adjust to the new generation of developers?
This is the agenda for the day
|09:00||Welcome & Introduction|
|09:15||Ben @ StackOverflow w/ Q&A|
|09:40||Catalina @ Vodafone w/ Q&A|
|11:10||Summary & Takeaways|
* Roundtable Discussion - An open forum for in-house recruitment, resourcing & talent acquisition specialist. This is an opportunity for delegates to speak openly with each other in a relaxed environment.
The RecEents' goal is to best equip the in-house recruitment community, that's why we build a wild collection of market-leading events with a diversity of topics and events styles.